Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Title # 6

Flickr mashups was a very colorful, vibrant website ! I think this really accentuates the creative side of a user and expands the diversity of the web more than any other I have seen so far. After repeated tries, I could never get into Mappr so I will have to try it later. Howeever, Flickr Color Pickr was gorgeous. The pictures were phenomenal and unlike anything I have ever seen before. They would be great attention grabbers for any website and terrific kaleidoscope screen savers. Another feature were the products that could be ordered on the right side of the screen. This was convenient if you wanted to shop online. Mosaic Maker was fascinating. In Zumyer, the mosaics that were used to create a picture numbered 2500. That is almost unbelievable, and to be able to zoom in and see the actual pictures it took to create a small square was really spectacular. I guess I was most intrigued by the Mosaic Maker and the intricate details that were involved in its design. I think the Librarian Trading Card would best be used among the librarians if each librarian would design a card that would have the picture of their school,their website,etc. and have the directions to their school. Then,these all be put on a ring for each librarian to have to refer to during the school year.

2 comments:

Library Magic said...

Sounds like you will really be using Flickr in your library program. I think Flickr has so much to offer to library and educational organizations. Maybe you can get things working full soon!

Debbie said...

See if you can put one of your creations from mosiac maker on your blog.