Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thing # 7

Today I visited iGoogle and Picasa Web Album. I set up a home page in iGoogle with a background, temperature, time and information about Dallas. I added more tabs to the Google News to get daily information about popular news, business and sports. This would be an excellent resource for students in keeping up with current events during the week ~ especially if you had one person look this up and report something of interest to the class or on morning announcements. Then I went to the wikiHow-to page and learned everything from roasting pumpkin seeds to resisting a sales pitch. This would be wonderful to use with the students in learning new and interesting facts about everyday things on a variety of subjects and possibly expand their minds on projects or writings.
I downloaded all my library pictures on Picasa Web Album, but marked it private because so many children were involved and was not sure about the privacy issues. But I am going to try and link one of my Mother Goose pictures to my blog again since several attempts have failed so far.

No comments: